1. Eliminate Clutter
Clutter makes cleaning harder, especially when it’s scattered over surfaces that need to be dusted and swept. Take a few weeks to declutter your home, starting with parts of your house that you clean most often. Some tips for eliminating or controlling clutter:
- Organize clutter into baskets that can be easily moved around while cleaning.
- Sort clutter into three piles: “give away,” “recycle” and “throw away.”
- Keep kitchen countertops clear of items like rarely used countertop appliances. Put these items in cabinets or in the pantry.
- If you haven’t used an item in two years or more, get rid of it!
- If getting rid of sentimental items, consider giving them away to friends and people who will appreciate them.
Want more information about how to declutter your home? See our recent blog post on the topic.
2. Use Multipurpose Cleaning Products
Avoid using specialized cleaners that can only be used safely on some surfaces. The more multipurpose cleaning products you use, the less complicated cleaning is. With your one bottle of multipurpose cleaner, you can clean most of the surfaces in your house safely.
3. Do a Little Every Day
One of the things that make cleaning seem so onerous is that it tends to build up. Over time, it can become a daunting task. Doing a little every day makes weekend chores easier. Set aside at least 15 minutes at the end of every day to do some cleaning. Tackle mess in a new room every day.
4. Make Cleaning Fun
Cleaning can be fun! Play music, listen to an audiobook, or talk on the phone while you’re cleaning. This makes the time pass more quickly and turns cleaning into a zen-like or multitasking activity.
5. Hire a Cleaning Company
If you truly just don’t like cleaning and think you never will, then hire a reputable cleaning company to get the work done for you. Doing this gives you hours of your life back, and you can use that time to do something you like better than cleaning. Find out today how much cleaning services cost by contacting Swept Away for a free quote.